|News and Upcoming Events:
- Tax bills lookup (all years)
- The 2022 assessment roll can be found here:
- Smithville 2023 Budget (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Plan (2017)
- Monthly Town Board Meeting - Third Monday of
each month at 6:30 pm in the Community Center. Masks are optional for In Person Attendance!
- Monthly Planning Board Meeting - First Wednesday
of each month at 6:30 pm in the Community Center
- A Dog Enumeration is underway in the Town of Smithville.
If you have not responded to the mailing please do so by November 1st.
*Dog License fees as of September 1, 2022:
Dog License Application Form (PDF)
- Unspayed/Unneutered Dog: $15.00
- Spayed/Neutered Dog: $ 8.50
- Redemption Fee $ 75.00
- Enumeration Fee (after Nov. 1st) $25.00
- Fee to mail Dog tag $ 2.00 per dog
- By NYS Ag & Markets law, all dogs 4 months of age or older must be licensed in the Town in which they reside. To license your dog in the Town of Smithville, visit this page for the application. A valid rabies vaccination is required.
A dog enumeration will be conducted this summer.
A $25.00 unlicensed fee will be charged for each unlicensed dog found during the enumeration.
- NOTICE: Road Use Local Law and Permits (see this PDF).
The permits can be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office or printed off from the website for a per job or 1 yr. permit. Permit will need to be signed by Vince Witkowski, Highway Superintendent (607) 656.7969 option 4 or (cell) 244.1573; fee paid at the Town Clerk's Office.
- *ATTENTION TOWN OF SMITHVILLE PROPERTY OWNERS!!*
Before you build or develop your property, please read over/answer
questions on this questionnaire to see if your project needs to be reviewed
by the Town Planning Board in a *Site Plan Review.* Even though your
project may or may not need a Chenango County Building permit, it may need
a Town of Smithville Site Plan Review. If you have questions, please
contact a member of the Planning Board, listed on the Planning Board page.
- Committee Application Form - Use this form to apply for appointment to a Town committee
- The Town Clerk's Office is now selling NYSDEC sporting licenses!
Town Clerk hours: Monday thru Friday 9am-Noon
Closed Holidays and Monday legal holidays
Chenango County is in the process of updating its Hazard Mitigation Plan
The Smithville Planning Board is updating the Town's Comprehensive Plan which represents a shared vision for the development and future growth of the town. A legally adopted Comprehensive Plan makes the community eligible for many state and federal grants. To accomplish this, the Planning Board is mailing surveys to all landowners in the town to obtain their input. Non-landowners and any other residents needing a survey, can obtain one at: Chenango Carpet, The Smithville General Store, Mills Feed Store, and the Smithville Town Office. Return completed surveys to the Smithville Town Office. SURVEY FORM (PDF)
Thank you for your participation.
The Smithville Town Planning Board