Town of Smithville - Chenango County, NY
Public Hearings, Announcements and Legal Notices
- NOTICE TO BIDDERS:
The Town Board of the Town of Smithville will accept separate, sealed bids for the following fuel products to be delivered to the Smithville Town Highway Garage, 295 State Hwy. 220, Smithville Flats, NY 13841
- 1.) Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel; approximately 18,000 gal. usage per year; storage tank size 1000 gal.
- 2.) Kerosene: for winter blend with diesel, approximately 5000 gal. usage per year
- 3.) LP Gas: for heating, approx 3500-4000 gal usage per year, storage tank size; tank size is 1000 gal.
- The Town Board of Smithville will accept separate, sealed bids for the following fuel product to be delivered to the Smithville Community Center, 5285 State Hwy. 41, Smithville Flats, NY 13841
- 4.) LP Gas; approx 1300 units usage per year for heating; tank size is 1000 gal.
- The bid period will be from June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022. Bids should include both firm and fluctuating prices for each fuel product. Fluctuating prices must describe a firm differential applied to the daily Contract Average Price for Binghamton/Vestal posted by the Oil Price Information Service. The Firm Differential Rack Price and Date of Posting should be listed in the quote. Each price change will require documentation of the Rack Price change.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope and clearly marked.
Bids may be mailed to the Smithville Town Clerk's Office at P.O. Box 217 Smithville Flats, NY 13841 or delivered to the Town Clerk's Office before 12 noon Monday May 17, 2021.
The Town Clerk's office is open 9am-12 noon Monday thru Friday. Bid opening will take place at 6:40PM Monday, May 17, 2021 at the regular meeting of the Smithville Town Board. The Town of Smithville reserves the right to reject any and all bids. In the event the May 18th meeting is cancelled due to NYS Covid-19 restrictions, the bids will be retained and opened the following day, the information tabulated and relayed to Town Board members via email. A decision will be made by Board members via email ASAP.
By order of the Smithville Town Board April 21, 2021
Alison B. Owens, Smithville Town Clerk
- PUBLIC HEARING
TOWN OF SMITHVILLE 2020 APPLICATION FOR OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RENEWAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM FUNDS
Pursuant to the requirements of the New York State Office of Community Renewal, the Town of Smithville will conduct a public hearing to obtain the input of citizens, particularly low and moderate-income persons, with regard to the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG). The CDBG program is administered by NYS Homes & Community Renewal, Office of Community Renewal (OCR).
An informational public hearing is scheduled for February 15, 2021 at 6:30 PM during a regular Board Meeting. Citizens are invited to participate in the development of the Town's Community Development project including assessing community development needs and priorities.
Participants wishing to attend remotely via Zoom web access due to COVID 19 restrictions should contact the Town Office at 607-656-7969 for meeting invitation information.
At the public hearing the Town will describe the types of grant assistance available from the NYS Office of Community Renewal and will seek comments and suggestions from the public as to proposed uses of Community Development Block Grant funds. The types of activities that may be undertaken with Community Development Block Grant program funds include acquisition and disposition of real property, public facilities and improvements, clearance activities, public services, payment of non-federal share of another federal program, removal of architectural barriers, relocation, rehabilitation and preservation activities, economic development and job creating activities. 2020 CDBG funds are available through the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA). The Town will also explain the primary and national objectives of the program, the State's CDBG requirements, the process and timeline for submitting application(s) through CFA and announcement timing. A draft application for Community Development Block Grant assistance will be reviewed. The Town proposes to submit a 2020 Community Planning Grant application in an amount not to exceed $50,000 for the Smithville Flats Water System Study. The proposed projects will primarily benefit low- and moderate-income persons. The Town will submit this application in March 2021. The Town expects that more applications will be submitted to the Office of Community Renewal than can be funded.
Citizens may submit views at the hearing or in written form to John Cammarata, Supervisor, Town Office, 5285 State Highway 41, Smithville Flats, New York 13841.