|News and Upcoming Events:
- Tax bills lookup 2014
- 2014 Budget, Town of Smithville
- Comprehensive Plan
- Monthly Town Board Meeting - Third Monday of
each month at 6:30 pm in the Community Center
- Monthly Planning Board Meeting - Second Monday
of each month at 7 pm in the Community Center
- Organizational Meeting will be held on Jan. 7th @ 6:30pm
- Committee Application Form - Use this form to apply for appointment to a Town committee
- Help Wanted for the Smithville Planning Board.
The Town of Smithville is accepting letters of intent/resume's for 1 Planning Board member for a 5 yr. term from Jan. 1, 2014- Dec. 31, 2018, and for 1 Planning Board Clerk to take the minutes of the Planning Board meetings. The Committee Application form may be used as well as the letter of intent and/or resume. More information may be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office or by calling the office at 656-7969. All letters of intent/resume's should be received by January 7th for consideration at the Town Board Organizational meeting scheduled for that evening.
- BASIC STAR REGISTRATION
All BASIC STAR recipeints received a letter in the fall from the NYS Dept of Taxation and must respond to the letter by 12/31/13. Failure to do so will result in the STAR exemption being removed for the 2014 Tax Roll!! If you are in the SENIOR STAR program (Enhanced STAR), you need to do nothing—the Assessor will send you the renewal as in the past. Questions? Call Keith Klein, Assessor for Smithville @ 607-760-9702.