|News and Upcoming Events:
- Tax bills lookup (all years)
- The 2020 assessment roll can be found here:
- Smithville 2021 Budget (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Plan (2017)
- Monthly Town Board Meeting - Third Monday of
each month at 6:30 pm in the Community Center. Masks Required for In Person Attendance!
- To request a copy of the agenda, please email the Town Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly Planning Board Meeting - First Wednesday
of each month at 7 pm in the Community Center
- There will be a Smithville Flats Cemetery Association meeting on May 1, 2021 at the Community Center @ 3pm. The Public is encouraged to attend.
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Monday May, 17th at 6:50 PM the Town of Smithville Town Board will hold a Public Hearing regarding granting a cable television franchise agreement with Spectrum Northeast, LLC. See this PDF for full details.
- Chenango County has announced 1 shot Covid-19 vaccinations (by Johnson/Johnson) are available now for those 65 yrs of age and older through Chenango County. Those with underlying conditions do not qualify. To register, send an email to: email@example.com
- By NYS Ag & Markets law, all dogs 4 months of age or older must be licensed in the Town in which they reside. To license your dog in the Town of Smithville, visit this page for the application. A valid rabies vaccination is required.
- NOTICE: Road Use Local Law and Permits (see this PDF).
The permits can be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office or printed off from the website for a per job or 1 yr. permit. Permit will need to be signed by Vince Witkowski, Highway Superintendent (607) 656.7969 option 4 or (cell) 244.1573; fee paid at the Town Clerk's Office.
- In preparation for updating Town of Smithville properties, Town Assessor
Jeff Lowe, and other Town Officials may be in your area taking photos of
- *ATTENTION TOWN OF SMITHVILLE PROPERTY OWNERS!!*
Before you build or develop your property, please read over/answer
questions on this questionnaire to see if your project needs to be reviewed
by the Town Planning Board in a *Site Plan Review.* Even though your
project may or may not need a Chenango County Building permit, it may need
a Town of Smithville Site Plan Review. If you have questions, please
contact a member of the Planning Board, listed on the Planning Board page.
- Committee Application Form - Use this form to apply for appointment to a Town committee
- The Town Clerk's Office is now selling NYSDEC sporting licenses!
Town Clerk hours: Monday thru Friday 9am-Noon
Closed Holidays and Monday legal holidays
Chenango County is in the process of updating its Hazard Mitigation Plan with Consultant Tetra Tech, and we need your input!
The County has assembled a team to update our hazard mitigation plan which addresses hazards that impact our municipalities. Please help us plan for future disasters by completing this survey regarding natural hazards (will take approximately 15 minutes). https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ChenangoHMPCitizenSurvey
Hazard Mitigation is any action taken to reduce the loss of life and property by lessening the impact of disasters. These disasters include floods, severe storms, extreme temperatures and others. (See the flyer below for more details)
This survey is designed to gather information from around Chenango County to help us better coordinate activities and reduce the risk of injury or property damage. These questions are for information-gathering only and do not necessarily reflect any intent or future priorities of any governing body. This information will be shared with municipal, state, federal and county entities for planning purposes only.
You will be asked if you live in a floodplain. If you do not know, or are not sure, please check the FEMA website: https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home or call the Chenango County Planning Department (607-337-1640) for assistance if you are still having trouble determining if your property is in a floodplain.