|News and Upcoming Events:
- Tax bills lookup (all years)
- TOWN OF SMITHVILLE
FILING OF THE TENTATIVE ASSESSMENT ROLL
- The 2020 tentative assessment roll can be found here: http://www.co.chenango.ny.us/real-property-tax/2020-rolls-tentative.php
- Grievance Day will be held June 3rd, 2-4pm and 6-8pm
- The Town Board of the Town of Smithville will accept separate, sealed bids for the following fuel products to be delivered to the Smithville Town Highway Garage (see this link for more info)
- 2020 Budget, Town of Smithville
- Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Plan (2017)
- Monthly Town Board Meeting - Third Monday of
each month at 6:30 pm in the Community Center
- There will be a Town Board meeting on June 15th @ 6:30 pm. Because of the 10 person limit, and because 6 of those will be Town Officials, only 4 other people will be admitted at a time. Masks will be required. If you have a need to be at the meeting, please call the Town Clerk's office @656-7969. Thank you.
- Monthly Planning Board Meeting - First Wednesday
of each month at 7 pm in the Community Center
The planning board meeting scheduled for June 3, 2020 has been cancelled.
- Please note there will be a bridge replacement over Long Pond creek on State Hwy 41 in the hamlet of Smithville Flats. Traffic will be detoured on either side of the current bridge via stoplight. The project is expected start on or about April 1st and is expected to take 6 months.
- NOTICE: Road Use Local Law and Permits (see this PDF).
The permits can be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office or printed off from the website for a per job or 1 yr. permit. Permit will need to be signed by Vince Witkowski, Highway Superintendent (607) 656.7969 option 4 or (cell) 244.1573; fee paid at the Town Clerk's Office.
- In preparation for updating Town of Smithville properties, Town Assessor
Jeff Lowe, and other Town Officials may be in your area taking photos of
- *ATTENTION TOWN OF SMITHVILLE PROPERTY OWNERS!!*
Before you build or develop your property, please read over/answer
questions on this questionnaire to see if your project needs to be reviewed
by the Town Planning Board in a *Site Plan Review.* Even though your
project may or may not need a Chenango County Building permit, it may need
a Town of Smithville Site Plan Review. If you have questions, please
contact a member of the Planning Board, listed on the Planning Board page.
- Committee Application Form - Use this form to apply for appointment to a Town committee
- The Town Clerk's Office is now selling NYSDEC sporting licenses!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9 am-3 pm; Closed Monday legal Holidays; Friday by chance 9 am-noon.